What is Script4HER?
Script4HER is an initiative to engage young minds and the women entrepreneurship ecosystem to build futuristic and gender-responsive solutions for women entrepreneurship in India.
Under the initiative, there are several interconnected events planned to build awareness, identify core problems and activate a community of collaborators, to work on technology-based solution for the challenges faced by rural women entrepreneurs.
Script4HER Hackathon is a nationwide Hackathon being organised by Dhriiti and Impact Hub Manila in collaboration with Project Her & Now of GIZ, Villgro, Nasscom Foundation (as TechforGood Partner) and NuSocia (Knowledge Partner)
Script4HER invites tech innovators to come together to shape solutions for rural women entrepreneurs. We believe this Script4HER will drive gender-sensitive & transformational outcomes.
What are the problems we are searching for?
- How can we bring Financial Inclusion for rural women?
- How can we deliver tech solutions in leveraging mainstream market and trade for rural women entrepreneurs?
- How can we build peer-support communities for rural women?
The Hackathon would follow a 3-day format where groups would assemble to tackle various problems through digital / tech solutions. During the hackathon, the teams would be mentored and guided to find realistic solutions for these real-world challenges. The winning teams will receive:
- Cash Awards (INR 1 lakh).
- Dhriiti Incubation Support to create prototype of the ideas.
- Networking with various players from the startup world.
- Coverage of the winners and initiatives across various media platforms.
- Certificates for all participants.
- This is on the spot coding marathon.
- Fresh codes.
- Open source downloads can apply to framework only.
- The event permits designs beforehand, such as digital mockups, open source frameworks and anything else available to everyone, but make sure to keep designs within those limits.
- Projects and codes used in previous hackathons will be disqualified.
- Make sure to read through our Code of Conduct. Those in violation of the rules may be disqualified at the discretion of the Hackathon Organizers.
- Register as participant and create/join a team on the Hackathon Platform.
- Teams must consist of 3-5 individuals with at least 2 members being women.
- Choose as many roles you think you can play
- Hacker (engineers & developers) – build functional prototypes
- Hipster (design & user experience) – improve UX and make the product beautiful for users
- Hustler (marketing & business) – scale customer acquisition & distribution
- Hunter/Helper (Social work/Rural/Gender specialists) – capturing realities of rural India and rural women for better problem solving.
- Participants below 18 years old must submit a signed Parental/Guardian Consent Form.
- Problem statements and hackathon reminders will be opened on Sept 20, 2021. Important announcements, mentor matching, and reminders will be done on the Facebook Group
- Script4HER Hackathon will kick off through an opening program and Hackathon proper starts on Sept 27, 2021 at 12:00 NN.
- Script4HER Conclave and Mentoring Sessions will be conducted all throughout the Hackathon week.
- Projects can be submitted starting 12:00 NN of Sept 27, 2021 and Code Freeze is on Sept 30, 12:00 NN. Submissions sent on Sept 30, 12:01 PM onwards will not be counted.
- Top 10 will be announced on Oct 2, 2021 and will pitch to the Jury on Oct 4, 2021
- Winners will be announced on Oct 6, 2021
- All activities will be held ONLINE.
All projects must be submitted through the Hackathon Platform, and must be complete to be considered. Incomplete submissions will not be counted. Submissions should contain the following:
- All team members (min of 3 max 5)
- Full project details
- 2-3 minute video demo of your solution
- Link to Github/Code Repository